Jacob's school had their annual Munchies with Mom this morning. Mom's and the students get to come into the school early and have donuts, muffins, juice and coffee. I decided to walk with Jacob since Shane was working from home and could be there with the other kids. I loved the walk. It was breezy and he talked and talked...a mothers dream. As we were half way to the school he reached out and held my hand. I could not help but think how much longer that gesture would be "ok" with him. I held on to his hand as tight as my heart could because I do not know when it will be the last time he wants to hold my hand. As my boy approaches 8 this summer it is these brief moments I do not want to miss out on in the craziness of our life. He is more than I ever hoped. My heart is over flowing with love today!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Munchies with Mom
Jacob's school had their annual Munchies with Mom this morning. Mom's and the students get to come into the school early and have donuts, muffins, juice and coffee. I decided to walk with Jacob since Shane was working from home and could be there with the other kids. I loved the walk. It was breezy and he talked and talked...a mothers dream. As we were half way to the school he reached out and held my hand. I could not help but think how much longer that gesture would be "ok" with him. I held on to his hand as tight as my heart could because I do not know when it will be the last time he wants to hold my hand. As my boy approaches 8 this summer it is these brief moments I do not want to miss out on in the craziness of our life. He is more than I ever hoped. My heart is over flowing with love today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so sweet!! it is a good thing to be a mom of a boy =)
Post a Comment