I find myself trying to keep the troops busy on these lazy days of summer and came across this craft idea. It totally works and is cheap especially since my husband has me keep every jar, can, etc for some 'future' use in his garage. I liked how I found several different sizes to make each kids a little more unique. I have them scattered around the house from the kitchen to the guest bathroom to the dining table. I enjoy having a little bit of holiday joy around my house.
This 4th of July will be different for our family. We will be having a 'split squad'. Shane and the oldest kiddos are keeping the new tradition of driving to Lordsburg, NM to buy and set off fireworks. It is a whirlwind trip. He will be joined this year by his parents and sister's family. I know he is excited because he keeps watching fireworks video on Youtube. Our baby is still not a fan of the car so the 6hr trip one way seemed very stressful. We discussed options and came up with a great one. I am taking the baby and flying to UT to visit my friend in Park City again this year. I think I am getting a pretty good deal because I get to go where it will be cooler. I know it will be strange to spend this holiday apart but I also think it is a win win for our whole family. What ever your plans for the holiday be safe and celebrate with good food and fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment