Our annual Women's Christmas dinner was this weekend and as always one of my favorite events of the year. This year was different in one way...I was not on the committee for the first time in 6 yrs. With having 5 kids and one of them being an infant I just knew after last year that somethings would need to be given up. I was so please to have a wonderful young woman train with me last and she took over this year. She did a great job! I couldn't miss this event entirely so I was more than willing to hostess a table both nights. So this is a long introduction into what it is I really wanted to comment about the evening.
What I love most about this event is that they work in humor, because who doesn't need to laugh more often, an amazing gospel messege, and an amazing song sung by an amazing singer and friend. The speaker this year came prepared with a strong messege about hope...our hope in Jesus. She didn't sugar coat the hard stuff or over simplify the good news...she just came and shared her heart and God's truth. It was truly refreshing to leave the evening renewed and ministered to. It was a great way to begin this Christmas season focused on the right path. So as you and your families prepare for the holiday remember the Jesus is the giver of hope and may you find peace, joy and contentment in His path.
Blessings to all....
No comments:
Post a Comment