Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In the adoption world today is "GOTCHA" day!

Today was like any other morning. We were getting kiddos ready for school and saying goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa Thoma when the phone rang at 7:30am. It was our caseworker for the girls. I was surprised when she was calling but I thought it had to do with the visit that I cancelled because of pink eye. So when she told me that she was calling because she had the ruling from Judge Brodman my heart stopped. It was like time froze...she told us the judge ruled in favor of the severance and that she is now available for adoption. I started crying immediatly. I felt this huge rush of peace overwhelm my heart and I hugged that little girl so hard. When foster care is a part of your life there are moments when you think the case is going in one direction and then it changes course. I have had one toe just over the line of hope that this would happen but to actually hear those words was unbeliveable and a moment I will never forget! So yes she isn't going anywhere and yes we have just started the adoption process and it won't be final until closer to the end of the year, but we are praising our Lord for His glorious plan our daughter and family.


6 comments:

Jeanetta said...

Wow! I am so happy for you guys! What a blessing on this good day!

Andy and Kiara said...

Hooray! Praise God! Maybe you'll get to finalize on National Adoption Day. We did that with Keandre. Such fun! :)

blythefamily said...

I have goosebumps! How exciting! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Just read this and it made me cry happy tears! So happy for you guys! Amen to answered prayer!
Kristen I have to tell you I thought your smile just absolutely shined on Sunday!!

Dana said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! so crazy happy for your family and this blessing!

mama bird said...

I am crying tears of praise with you my friend! What a blessing! I will be praying as the adoption is finalized! Praise God!