Monday, July 9, 2012

Apple Annie's Again

It just seemed wrong to drive past Apple Annie's on our way home from NM and not stop. I told Shane how cool it was, what great adventures we were teaching our kids even though it was almost 100 degrees. He relented. So we made our way there to pick fresh peaches and what ever else was in season and ready to be picked. The peaches smelled so good even as you walked up to the trees. We grabbed ourselves some yellow squash, jalapenos, and okra too.

We had cooked the veggies last night with dinner and I am sold...fresh is the best! All our peaches are sliced and in the freezer ready for smoothies at any moment. Oh how I long to live where farm fresh is not over 3 hours away. (sigh)


 14lbs of peaches





 Nathan was our most eager "picker"...I had to stop him just to get a picture...and it's only his hand.




 That is the biggest cucumber we have EVER seen!! We didn't pick it, but used Samantha's hand for reference.

 Okra is a Self family thing...so I had to get some for my father in law!

And, why not burn off some energy running in the fields before we head home??


No comments: