Blueberry Lemon-Zest Baked Croissant Puff
2 8oz cream cheese packages, softened to room temp
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cup sugar
lemon zest
2 cups milk
Blueberries...as many as you want
6 croissants
(These ingredients are the doubled sizes to accommodate a 9x13 pan)
Break, cut or tear your croissants into bit size pieces
Add cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sugar and lemon zest to mixer.
This is how a mom with a cranky 4mth old cooks Easter Brunch...gotta do whatcha gotta do!
Cream together eggs, cream cheese, lemon zest, vanilla and sugar. Then slowly add milk. (I had some cream cheese chunks because it wasn't completely softened, but I didn't mind, and does not affect taste.)
Add blueberries (I used frozen because fresh were not on sale, but would have preferred fresh)
Pour mixture over croissants and blueberries
Bake at 350 for approximately 40min, or until firm. Enjoy warm with a sprinkling of powdered sugar!!
No comments:
Post a Comment