Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Extra Early Release Treat

Our public schools have these random 'extra early release' days sprinkled in to the school year. Of course the kids love them, me not so much. They seem to sneak up on me and I feel unprepared most of the time to have them all here i the middle of my day. Alas, I was prepared for this one! I even baked them a special treat! It was way easier than making individual cookies in my short day at home.



Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Pre-heat oven 350, I used a 9x13 pan

2 cups + 2 Tbs flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup salted butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
1 small box of vanilla instant pudding
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 cups, or as much as you want, chocolate chips

Cream melted butter, sugar and vanilla pudding mix together.
Add egg and egg yolk
Add dry ingredients
Mix together in a stand up mixer or hand mixer
Fold in chocolate chips

Line 9x13 pan with foil, spray foil with nonstick cooking spray
Add cookie dough to pan, I used my hands to spread it out and make it even across pan
Bake until golden brown, approx 20min...I kept checking on them since this was the first time I have ever done it this way.

ENJOY!!


No comments: