Well, it is Fri, the begining of the long weekend. We had this great camping trip planned with friends and the kids were excited, but God has other plans. We decided camping on the snow was not the smartest of ideas we have had.
Jacob offically finished his kindergarten year yesterday. As I dropped him off I was more emotional than I thought I would be...maybe it is the PMS. I gave him a big hug, kissed his cheek and told him I was so proud of him. He ran off with a big smile. It is still hard to accept reality at these moments and see that he is growing into a boy. When I picked him up in the afternoon he proudly annouced that he was now a first grader! He even wanted to write a note to his teacher after we got home telling her thank you and that he had fun in her class...such a sweet heart, and the tears came again.
In addition, my heart has been heavy with the news of Nathan's Uncle Stetson and his health. He is having a risky surgery this morning and will miss his "daughter" Theresa's high school gradution. He is strong and positive during all this, an amazing truth of his faith. I can not help but ache about the news from the Steven Curtis Chapman family and their loss. We of course do not know them personally, but we love his music and have been ministered by it time and time again. I pray for their son, I can not even imagine the pain.
And finally, several close friends and family have children graudating this week.. My three cousins who were in our wedding all are graduating...talk about feeling older! And with so many friends seeing their kids take the next step I am especially touched by the Crimmins family as they are sending their oldest to Westpoint. Michael has grown up before our eyes and what an amazing young man he is. I know his family is so proud of him and he is going to do amazing things in his life.
Praise the Lord for this wonderful rain. A chance to wash clean all the dirt physically and spiritually. Thank you for the cooler temps and freshness your rain has brought. Amen!
2 comments:
God is so faithful, I pray his peace and presence for your heavy heart.
Hi Kristen:
I loved your thoughts. Life is hard and crazy sometimes. I totally understand. Jared is now officially in highschool and our junior high years are over and I am getting free highlightts (grey hairs) Love you! Trudy
Post a Comment