Friday, October 2, 2009

Covered by His wings

This has been a reoccuring theme for me this week as I desperatly try to put my anxiety aside and TRUST in the Lord completely. God has not failed me this week...as usual. He knew I would be picking up Beth Moore's bible study after the semester started and yet He had specifically picked this past week to be the lesson I needed more than anything. Amazing how His timing is so perfect. Beth included an example from a book by Donald Barnhouse, Let Me Illustrate that brought me to my knees and I had one those 'ugly cries'. But I emerged refreshed...renewed...encouraged...

"In pioneer days, wood-buring locomotives frequently sparked fires. Wheat ripens eoungh to burn 10-15 days before it is ripe to cut, and sometimes the fires swept wheat fields for 10 miles. A farmer saw billows of smoke in the distane and knew his house, barn, and surrounding building were in danger. He set backfires and burned his own wheat fields in a circle so that when the great fire met the place he had burned, it passed around and went on. With that backfire the farmer saved his building but lost his crop. As he walked the burned field grieving, he saw the charred body of a hen. He tipped the hen over with the toe of his boot, and out ran a dozen little chicks. Because the mother's burned body was over them, the chicks lived. Because she had been willing to die, those under the cover us her wings would live."

This still brings me to tears...BUT amazed by His awesome power. Thank you to all of my dear friends and family in Christ that have lifted us, our children in prayer this week. We are feeling the power of God surround and encourage us. Is is still very hard, and filled with fear...YES, because we have an enemy willing to make it hard, but we have an even more determined Father who was burned so that we be protected and live.

"Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you and your right hand upholds my." Psalm 63:7-8

No comments: