I spent my Valentine's weekend at Banner Baywood Medical Center, and while the nurses were all amazing and polite I would have prefered the company of my hubby. (Although my heart toes were a hit with the doctors and nurses alike) It was an experience to say the least. My heartrate and blood pressure were out of control and with no explination why. All my blood tests, 10 draws to be exact, came back great. My blood sugar was off and they did a diabetes work up because of my family history which was a little unnerving but ended up being normal. Finally, the cardiologist decided to begin ttreatment with some medication which then I in turn broke out into a rash garenteeing another night. Oh the joys of trying to figure out why an otherwise healthy 33 yr old woman is showing signs of full blown hypertension. So they tried a second medication and it worked...praise God. I am currently on a beta blocker but not willing to accept that this is a life long thing. I am seeking some additional medical help as well as investigating the possible hormone and/or stress factors too. Is my plate full, YES, is it more than I can handle...no, if I believe that God has put us on this path. (which of course I do) He never gives us anything beyond our ablility, and if we feel it is more than we can handle He equips us to rise to the challenge. Never in a million years would I say "hey Lord, how about a 3day hospital stay with 5 little kids at home...that sounds like fun!" BUT as alwaysGod is a master planner. I spent more time praying for my friends and family than I have in a really long time. I had quiet...pure quiet for those days. I have peace through out the whole stay...which I found to be so uncharactoristic of me. I never once felt scared or in a panic over what was happening and I attribute that to the prayers of so many supporting me. The hardest part we seeing my kids hurt and deal with me being gone and their own insecurities but we managed. And just like God, he maanged to make my bible study fit right in...He's so cool!
"Two are betterthan one, because they have a good return for their labor; If they fall down, they can help each other up. But pity those who fall and have no one to help them up...a cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, 12 (TNIV)
I have experienced so much love and support from not only family, but church family too. We had meals brought in all week, not to mention all the emails, texts, phone calls and facebook wishes. This week I experienced the body of Christ working exactly the way God intended and Paul spoke so elliquently about. It has been a humbling and exillerating week all at once. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who have provided for us either physically or spiritually...we are blessed.
Lord, I praise you for your church coming together to serve our family this week. I praise you for family that visited me in the hospital. I am not sure your plan with my heart issues but you are to be lifted up through all this. I trust you to help the doctors figure things out and heal me. I am thankful for the most amazing husband to pick up the tremendous slack this past weekend and into this week. I am humbled by the time you gave me to be quiet, pray and be in your peaceful presence. Amen
3 comments:
Had no idea this was happening. So sorry! I'm so thankful God, your family, and church community were ministering to you so strongly during that time. I will pray you have answers soon....
So glad things you are feeling better and thing have worked out! Certainly scary, but an awesome God we serve! hang in there! You're in my prayers my friend!
Friend,
I too am so glad that your church and family were able to minister to you. I am also thankful for the opportunity to pray and give thanks in the midst of all of this. I know a great doctor if you need a second opinion. :) Praying for you and your sweet kiddos. :)
Post a Comment