Monday, September 20, 2010

Increasing the risk factors

We seem to always find ways to increase the risk factors in this family. This has been the case this month anyway. We were give a trampoline by one of Shane's co-workers and you would have thought the kids had seen a miracle. Well, in this house it kinda was. I have wanted one for a while now but Shane had resisted for fear of broken bones or broken heads. We purchased a net which will hopefully 'catch' any kiddos who get a little crazy. And so with a tramp now why not just jump right in to the world of motorcycles. Shane said he has always wanted one but graciously resisted since I have a close relative who passed away in an accident with a motorcycle. As I have gotten older, well and more mature, and well more trusting of God I decided to give in to his desires. He bought a street bike, a Buell, from our good friends and has been tinkering with it ever since. Last night Mr. Williams came over to give Shane some riding lessons and I have to say it did ease my nerves to see him do really well. So, watch out ER's, here come the Self's...well, hopefully not! ;-)

This is my brother in law and Jacob catching some serious air!


He has his "serious smile"" on...the one where he is concentrating but also having fun!!!

No comments: