It is hard to believe we are one week away from finalizing our adoption. It still seems so crazy! I never imagined we would be at this point almost 3 yrs ago when this adorable child came to live with us. One one hand I am over the moon excited to be her mom, and on another hand I am sad the 'system" takes this long to give a child a good family. I can't really do anything about the system except pray I guess.
As I was reflecting on this adoption one wild thing that God has done leaves me in awe of His divine power. I counted the weeks from when the judge ruled to terminate birth parents' rights and when the adoption will be final...40 weeks. 40 WEEKS!!!! It is the same amount of a normal pregnancy. God uses pregnancy to prepare the mom, dad, family, etc for the new arrival, and he used that same amount of time to prepare our family too. Is that a "Wow God Moment" or what? I am also humbled that God felt it necessary to prepare my heart for that long. It really has taken this whole amount of time for the reality and the intensity to sink in. It is going to be a joyous day of celebration. I am also humbled by the shear number of people that will be attending our special moment. We will fill that court room and I can't think of a more special gift to give her than to have so many of our family/friends come and be there. I am praying that she will reflect on this day in the future and feel the Lord's divine love and what He has done for her. I love her dearly...my daughter! (almost)
PS When I told a fabulous friend that I currently have a kidney stone, and that I get them when I am pregnant, she reminded me based on what God has done with the time line it is only fitting that I have a kidney stone right now too...AMAZING! My God finds me important enough to put all these little things together...and well, He has a sense of humor too.
Here she is...my little doll baby in May 2008. Wow, she is growing up fast
No comments:
Post a Comment