It is not secret to those that know us well that our daughter Samantha can be a bit of a princess. She likes her life, her things, her routine just the way it is. One of the benefits of foster care I thought about in the beginning was that Samantha would have to be more flexible and more understanding of others needs that may be more important that hers. In the beginning when It was just Nathan I was actually seeing the fruit of her taking care of someone and it was a blessing. Once we were placed with "girls" in our home all that work began to be a big stretch for her.
We have struggled with teaching her to be kind to her sisters. That yes, they share a room and it can be hard but that it can also be great fun. We have broken up too many fights, mostly verbal, lately and I was beginning to feel very discouraged. I was nervous that now that the adoption was right around the corner would she ever truly embrace this new forever sister? But God has been working on her heart....
This morning I stumbled across a letter that she wrote without any prompting from her parents...it made me cry!
1 comment:
That is SO awesome and so sweet.
Post a Comment