Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cornrow side puffy with straw set curls

I was playing around on YouTube a couple of weeks ago and came across this interesting technique call "straw set". It creates more of a spiral curl in the hair which I though was stunning. I was a little apprehensive to try it on Hannah so I started small. I cornrowed her hair to a side puff just below her ear. Before I pull all the hair into a pony tail I wrapped it in a spiral on a straw and secured it with a bobby pin just like the video. I then sent her to bed for the night hoping and praying she would not pull the straws out.

 I did trim the straws before bed and to my surprise she didn't touch any of them...yippy!

I pulled off the bobby pin and slid the straw out of the spiral or coil and it was exactly as I had hoped!!!!

I then pulled all the spirals into a pony and we went to church. Today is day 10 and while the rows are super fuzzy, the spirals are still intact. I have big plans for this weekend and Easter hair using the straws again only a little more purposeful. I am very excited!!!!

She looks so cute like this...this will be a standard style for sure!

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is my favorite! Love the spirals. Could you do that to my hair? Hope you are able to take it easy and recover quickly my friend.