After we spent the day at the Love and Logic seminar we have been approaching many things a little differently than before. One of those things was actually posting the house rules for everyone to see. I feel like a broken record most days as I repeat the same old things to the kids and I am determined to "talk" less. The kids know what is expected and while there are going to be plenty of times some or all of them may need reminding I am praying it is not every day. For the big kids who can read, when I see them 'breaking' one of the rules I send them in to read the list and tell me which one they have forgotten...works great! And for the twinners (that's what we call the 4yr olds), I just point it out and read it to them. It seems to be going well so far.
I bought all the supplies at Michael's and spent the better part of Friday afternoon last week making each person specific for each child. It was a fun little project for me, (I miss being crafty).
No comments:
Post a Comment