Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Grilled Chicken with Fondito Sauce


I have had to change some of what I cook based on some newly discovered food allergies in the house. We are having to significantly limit our wheat, oat, and rice intake. I never realized just how much carboholics we were in this family. I went online to try and find a recipe for a fondito sauce because when we got out for mexican Shane loves places with this sour cream cheese sauce. It is very, very easy...and in the heat of the summer I enjoy keep my kitchen cool and using the grill

First I cut a red onion, red and green bell peppers. I saute them in a pan  until they are a little soft but still have a bit of crisp in the center. While I am sauteing the vegetables, Shane is out cooking the chicken breasts on the grill. When they are done I put the vegetables in a pan, layer the grilled breast on top and then cover it all in the fondito sauce. Since I hate heating my kitchen with the oven, we put the pan out on the hot grill until the sauce and cheese is bubbling. Add some black beans and yummy!!!



It is a great meal and makes for even better leftovers. I recently made this meal again and used thin cut breast which I actually liked better. The kids found it much easier to eat and of course they cook a while lot quicker so when you have rug rats pulling on your shorts about how hungry they are it is a great way to speed the meal up.

Fonditio Sauce
4oz of cream cheese (I actually use low fat to help the calories)
4oz of sour cream (again, low fat)
1 small can of diced green chilies (or jalapenos for the love of some heat!)
Sprinkle of garlic salt

Mix ingredient together. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover with Colby Jack cheese!!! Simple and so good!