Thursday, November 17, 2011

Napa Valley Basil Burgers


Shane and I watched a food show over the weekend with gourmet burgers and it didn't take us long to crave that same tasty food at our house. I searched the web, (love searching recipes) and found this one. It was extraordinary!! We enjoyed it so much and we are going to have to fight each other for the leftovers.

Napa Valley Basil Burger

Pesto Mayo
2//3 cup mayo
2 tablespoons basil pesto

Patties
2 lbs ground sirloin
1/4 cup zinfandel
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
1/4 cup red onion (I used a regular since I didn't want to run to the store again)
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (I skipped this, but sounds divine)
1 tsp garlic salt
pepper to taste





Garnish
Monterey Jack cheese
tomato
lettuce
onion
sandwich roll, grilled in last moments to toast


Ours cooked just a tad too long..I like them barely pink but it was full of flavor and a nice, fancy twist on the old fashioned burger. If you try it, let me know what you think!!

Isn't great to live in AZ where you can still grill in the fall/winter??? We are spoiled like that!

No comments: