I was disappointed to walk around Michaels and the mall earlier this week only to discover Thanksgiving is gone. Seriously, it has been completely skipped over...or at least it seems that way. I wanted to find some cute fall ribbon and/or stickers for the baked goods I am making for the kids fall festival this weekend and there wasn't even anything in the clearance bins. It makes me so sad! Why pass over a holiday that should make us stop, pause and reflect on our blessings? Why do we not remember the first Thanksgiving and the people that came to escape religious persecution and struggled mightily just to survive?
Not going to happen in this family...
I am doing a 'thankful' activity with the kids starting tomorrow...1 week of Thankfulness. (I will post more about it as we get under way.) And I bought a book to read to the kids to help them understand the beginning of this holiday and to not forget all our blessings.
So, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you...
No comments:
Post a Comment