Sunday, January 8, 2012
"Leavin...on a jet plane..."
It is both good and bad that I am having to fly to WA this week. The good...this mommy gets a break from the kids...one I think is not necessarily 'urgent' now, but always a good idea every once in a while. The bad...I am flying to WA because on Fri I found out my Dad has to have triple bypass surgery. This is an unexpected thing considering he is pretty active and in general, over all, good health. But as the tests revealed...the arteries can hide their issues pretty good.
So, I am headed out to do some daughterly duties. I am going obviously to offer support and hopefully a sense of peace as I am sure he is concerned. I am also going so I can 'serve' by filling the fridge and such with some food as the weeks of recovery are long.
Before I leave however I have plenty to do here at home to prepare. (Although my hubby would say, "forgetta about it!!) I just cannot leave with out filling the fridge with easy, kid friendly foods as well as grown up meals for my hubbers. I made a lasagna last night and a stew tonight. I have a ton of cleaning to do tomorrow before I leave Tues...things like laundry. (They all need to have undies you know!!)
Anyway...prayers are always appreciated for my family here at home and in WA.
And finally...I spent a couple hours writing personal notes to the kids. They will each have one to read every day I am gone. That was special to me to offer then reassurance and encouragement even though I am gone. I know my 'feelers' will LOVE the notes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment