Monday, January 30, 2012

Really getting to be a big girl!

Grace went for her semi-annual eye specialist appointment today and she did great! (Which is such an improvement over even last week) Her eyes are   doing as expected. The doctor was very pleased to see that the lazy eye issue has all but stopped with detection of her need for correction so early. Her prescription did change, hence the new glasses today!! They are what I call "big girl" glasses meaning they are not like the ones she had before, made for babies. I hope I do not regret getting them, but to be safe I bought the warranty..hahahah!

There are so many changes with her lately. She is officially potty trained, for the most part.  A few accidents here and there and we are still working on the #2 in the potty regularly. She has grown so much since her surgery last Sept...and I find her growing out of her 3T pants. Her legs are really long which is why I think the pants are getting short. I know bio mom didn't have long legs, and I could never tell from bio dad's gangsta look if his legs were long but I am going to assume they are. (wink wink)

She did pretty good while I was gone for a week in WA. Although I am sure she prefers me home as she made me pay for leaving with several days of extreme tantruming. She is very sweet for the most part and her interest in learning new things is fun to watch. And it is hard sometimes to realize just a little over a year ago we were so concerned with her speech delay...hahahaha, not any more! Although, most people know she doesn't talk much around anyone else very much, consider yourselves lucky. Even today she asked "Mommy, can you please roll down my window?" Such grown up communication!! Anyway...that is a little update on our peanut. She is turning 3 in May if you can believe that! I am not sure we can love her any more...

No comments: