Samantha has a great 2nd grade teacher! He is real big into getting his students to enter the district or city art or writing contest which is right up Samantha's ally. She has now entered 3 total contest for this year...a writing one, the art one she won and award for and most recently a poetry contest. The art contest was part of the city's Martin Luther King celebration. She was the "Honorary Mention" and that suited her just fine! She was in the K-3rd grade group. Two of her friends won 1st and 2nd places so this was even more exciting for her.
Her teach took a scan of her picture and added it to a CD for us...see I told he was GREAT!!
I love her heart in this picture. It says everything she feels and so much of what we have tried the kids about others. We are incredibly proud of her.
(My mom hopefully took pictures from the event since I was in WA at the time and when I get those I will be adding another post but for now her art speaks volumes!)

No comments:
Post a Comment