I am sure those of you that read this blog regularly remember the St. Baldrick's event last year and what happened. It is hard to believe that it was a whole year ago three of my kids felt led to shave their heads to supports kids with cancer.
So here we are a year later...they had their second annual Shave party last night and while we didn't get a chance to head over this year I wanted to update you with my kiddos. Nathan and Jacob are currently sporting a new buzz cut done in the back yard last week...it is AZ after all and it is starting to get warm so they are happy with short hair. Jacob did request to 'shave' again at the event but it wasn't going to work out with our schedules. I still love his heart about the whole thing though...still a proud mama.
Samantha is another story. She still often talks about the event and her sacrifice. She said she didn't want to do it again this year and I know the challenge of the short hair really stretched her at times. She did say just because I don't want to this year doesn't mean I won't again in a couple years. She is still so sweet. Below is an updated, one-year-later shot. Her hair has grown significantly. I have trimmed the ends a few times but she is thrilled to be able to wear many styles again.
Recently, I found out the charity is going to be running a story about my kids and this amazing, unforgettable day a year ago, and I can still tear up at the pictures and their pure, untainted hearts.
Please consider this charity as one you are supporting...kids fighting cancer is not pretty and we can all do a little something to help.




No comments:
Post a Comment