We had a wonderful time! This was by far the best camping trip to date...Shane and I didn't even have one fight, a break through for us, especially when camping! hahahahah! We left Thurs. late morning and arrived at the camp site just after a rain shower. I had no idea how ready I was for some cooler temps. The weather was fabulous! Oh I can't wait for "fall" to get here! Anyway, we spent several days reconnecting with old friends and strengthening bonds with others. This camp site is divided into 3 separate "pods" and we took the award for the most kids...in our pod alone I think we had 20+ kids, we of course were 1/4 of the grand total! It rained every day, and Saturday was the biggest of the weekend. We figure we got 2 inches of rain in an hour. Several tent campers were forced to pack up and return a day early due to complete flooding of their tents which once again reaffirmed our love of the pop-up trailer. All in all we are happy to be home and sleep in our own beds, but will definitely make plans for this weekend again next year.
During the rain you have to take shelter and everyone sat in the pop-up. Shane played Candyland with the kids while I closed my eyes and listened to the mesmerizing sounds of the rain on the trailer!
1 comment:
Looked like a great time and good pictures! Of course, we missed you all at the potluck!!! =)
Post a Comment