Friday, July 4, 2008

Sick Boy

Well, I got the privilege once again of spending a few hours in the Banner Desert Pediatric ER yesterday. Poor Nathan was completely fine on Wed. but when he woke up Thurs morning I knew he was just off. He didn't act sick, but was needy...we all know about needy kiddos. Anyway, as the morning progressed i noticed his breathing becoming more and more labored. He did have a bit of a runny nose, all clear, so I thought he just had some drainage. I proceeded to give him cough and cold medicine. After about 4 hours of no change I felt like I needed to get him some help. His chest was working over time to get him a breath. Poor Shane had a big fancy work lunch and he had to miss it to come home...have I mentioned how much I love him? One thing that was in the back of my mind was that Nathan's birth mom has severe asthma and I just knew he will be some what predispostioned to breathing problems. So off I went! And it was a good thing! He was really struggling once I got there and they took him back pretty quickly. He got a breathing treatment and a chest xray. Have any of you seen 'Over the Hedge'? The squirrel is given an energy drink or soda at one point and he goes bonkers...hahahahah! Well, the breathing treatment made Nathan bounce off the walls...he was in a great mood and it was actually really fun to play with him so full of energy. So after a few hours his chest xray came back clear he was diagnosed with a bad case of bronchitis and we came home with a breathing machine of our own. He did not improve much the rest of the day and had a doctor friend come over and check him out last night. My nerves were shot. I have decided I am not a big fan of breathing issues! He did go to sleep finally, and this morning is back to his normal Nathan-A-tor self! I can still hear the chest congestion and we will see how he does once he begins playing. Happy 4th everyone!

No comments: