I discovered a fabulous recipe last night and thought I would share...
1 lb frozen or fresh cheese tortellini (I used fresh, in the fridge section)
2 tablespoons butter
Hand full or more of mushrooms (Depending on your taste!)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1 8oz package of cream cheese (I used reduced fat and tasted fine)
4 tablespoons pesto sauce (Found with the spaghetti sauces)
1 package of grape tomatoes
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I used a shredded four cheese blend)
splash of red wine, optional!!
Boil the tortellini until tender, approx 12-15 min.
In a large skillet, add butter and mushroom and saute
Add Cream of Mushroom soup and milk, mix well
Add cream cheese and stir until melted and creamy
Add Pesto sauce and salt and pepper (I didn't measure the pesto because I love it, so the more the merrier in my opinion)
Add tomatoes and Parmesan cheese
Add splash of red wine if desired
Drain tortellini, remove sauce from heat and pour into a large bowl if skillet is not large enough. Add tortellini to sauce and mix gently so the pasta does not break and done!
I served a Cesaer salad and garlic cheese bread with the pasta!! We all loved it here...and next time I make it I want to add grilled chicken at the very end. It is rich so a little bit goes a long way and there are leftovers. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Sooo good. I make a recipe very similar, but instead of the soup, I use chicken broth. I also add grilled chicken and sun dried tomatoes (not fresh). It is very similar to our favorite entree at Red White and Brew. Love it!
Post a Comment