Well, week two went a little off kilter. But excited to get back to it for week three..
Day one: "Letters to Grandma and Grandpa Self"
Day two: "Letter to Grandma and Grandpa Thoma"
Both of these days I had hoped to inspire some sweet notes, and of course it a certain way they did write them, but the excitement level was off. It as "off" all week so I know it wasn't about this activity in particular. Now it is my responsibility to get these in the mail...
Day three : WE TOTALLY FORGOT!!
Yup, that's right...funny thing was we didn't have anything on the schedule to keep up busy or distracted it just was one of those lazy summer kinda of days...not complaining!!!
Day four: "Went out to lunch"
Jacob finished his first week of summer school so this was perfectly timed, and always enjoyed by all the kids.
Day five: "Hot Rock Crayon Art"
We took river rocks from our front yard, set them to 'bake' in the backyard all day and by about 5pm, we grabbed the crayons and had some melty art fun. This was one of the coolest things we have done. I can see each individual in their rocks and I love their creativity. This is just another twist on a typical summer art project and now they help decorate my front porch!
No comments:
Post a Comment