View from the hill behind the cabin on Sat. afternoon

We took another quick trip to the cabin this past weekend to fix the hot water heater. I had been checking the weather and we were expecting snow so the kids were very excited, but as the weekend ticked away and the clear blue skies shined on us, our hope was beginning to waiver. At dinner Sat. night, while we were praying, each kids prayed (or begged) God that is would snow. Shane and I thought it was cute, but we were convinced it would not. We even checked outside and had clear night skies even at 2:05am. I prayed in that moment that God would answer their prayers because their faith is so new and developing and what a testament to His power if He answered their prayer.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before
you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
How weak is the faith of their parents...we woke up to this amazing sight this morning! The kids jumped and screamed and thanked God for answering their prayers. Shane and I were humbled by this amazing sight and praise God fr His faithfulness!

By the way, it was about 6inches by the time we left at 8:30am. Yes, that is our suburban under all that snow! We barely made it out of the forest and drove home through all kinds of crazy weather...tons and tons of snow!! It was quite the adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment