Thursday, February 19, 2009

First car accident today

Today was one of those days I hoped would never happen...a car accident. I will save you all from the boring details...I am fine, Samantha and Nathan are fine, in fact the burb is fine too. (Just a broken bumper) What I want to remember about this event is of course my daughter and her words...went like this....
Me crying in the front seat waiting for the cops and Shane to arrive...she placed her hand on my shoulder and so kind and sweetly said...

Samantha -"Mom, is this the first time this has happened to you?"
Me-"Yes, honey"
Samantha-"Ya, me too. This is my first crash too."

I was no longer crying but laughing. God is so good to use my sweet girl to see a bit of humor in the whole stressful mess. I just love her!

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a sweet girl she is. So glad you guys are okay!

Jeanetta said...

Oh, she's sweet. They can act so grownup sometimes! :)