Is there a sock heaven or sock graveyard? There has to be somewhere the socks go. I feel like I am buying a new package of socks for the kids every other month. I wash them but when they come out of the dryer several seem to be missing. This fabulous pile is a collection over the past three weeks. See, I thought maybe just maybe the "lost" ones would return in the next weeks' load but to my disappointment no socks. So now what, do I just throw them away or just keep buying new socks?
3 comments:
Save the miss matched pairs for winter when the kids are wearing jean and no one knows they aren't wearing matching sock! HA! Who knows! We have the same problem!
This makes me laugh because two of my other friends posted about lost socks before...
One had the repair man come and "maintain" her washer and they found all sorts of socks under the tub? Something like that
The other was asking about a sock black hole or the sorts.... I was hoping to find their posts and e-mail them to you but it has been a while and I might not be able to locate them!!!
I think one of them had a drawer or cubby for lost socks in hopes they would re-appear.
Ok so we too have experienced the same issue and I learned of an idea to try and save the socks we have. Take a cheap (walmart purchased) lingerie bag with a zipper and put all the kids socks in it (works for yours too!) zip it up and throw the whole bag in with the wash. Apparently the sock thieves do not haveopposable thumbs or don't know how to work zippers but amazingly when you retrieve the bag from the washer or dryer it has all the socks in it still matching! Good luck! :o)
Post a Comment