Saturday, May 9, 2009

6lbs of Love

A bittersweet afternoon at the Self House. I received a call yesterday from our caseworker that Ayana's mom had her baby on Thursday. She said she put us down as placement and we may receive a call sometime this weekend when she is discharged from the hospital. That call came around 2:00pm this afternoon...little Aalyiah (pronounced Ah-Lee-Ah) was ready to come home. She is a sweet, little bundle of God's love! She looks a lot like Asjiah and we have been home for almost 2 hours. Why bittersweet...as I was waiting in the car for the phone call from the CPS worker to come get the baby, I prayed and prayed. I am here to take a baby away from her mother the day before Mother's Day. The pain of the reality stings deep in the heart. Yes, her mother has been making choices that have led up to this but it still such a sad event. I would never wish this on anyone.



As the dust has settled in the past couple hours I am happy to have her here and Ayana fell in love immediatly. She proudly said, "that's my sister!". After speaking with the caseworker yesterday evening the question of how long she will be here is up in the air. Her Dad was also at the hospital and not happy with the removal and if he "checks out" ok she will probably go be with him. (Her Dad is different that Ayana's) We are just blessed to have her here as long as God has planned.



If you have a few moments please just pray right now for Aalyiah's Mom and her grief over the loss. Pray that God would bring Christian women into her life and she would be spurred to change in her life.



Thank you Jesus for this precious gift, she is your baby and we are blessed to have the responsisbility of caring for her. Amen

2 comments:

Lindberg Family said...

Oh what a blessing to all and yes her mother is in our prayers. Can't wait to see her:)

The Stilwells said...

So sweet but yes bittersweet....do you all need a meal or anything with a new, newborn in the house? let me know...