Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Master planner/organizer

God's way is the better way...this has spiritual and now very literal meaning. He designed having children with a plan...9mths of preparation and organizing as the little one prepares for life. I think He has the right idea. My brain is a bit fuzzy since the baby arrived Sat. afternoon. Yes, I did a little of wash and organizing in preparation for her but mentally, not so much. Things like a diaper bag, change of clothes while out, and their schedule were left in the back of my mind. She is actually a very predictable baby. Literally wakes up to eat, poop and eat again. She does not cry for anything other than food and sleeps very well, but the things I forgot is what time she would wake up, like 4:30am and then go down for a nap around 6:00am just as everyone else is getting up for the day. Am I tired, yes, but in a good way. Her arrival has made me appreciate the fact that when Jacob and Samantha were born, they came into a two parent, lovingly prepared family and that was a great way to start! This whole experience is not at all what I expected. While I have been praying and praying for her over the past month nothing could have prepared my heart for the actual picking up of this baby from the hospital. I was met with a police escort and left with one too. Yes a baby is a blessing and God certainly has a plan for her life, but there is a level of deep sadness surrounding my heart for her and her mom. I guess it helps to keep proper perspective and not let "baby love" go to my head. Her future is so uncertain and today everyone involved with the case is meeting to make some big decisions, for her to stay here or go back with dad. Praise God for an amazing sermon on contentment because I am choosing to be content with what ever the circumstance...whether she is here tomorrow or not does not change the fact that she is here today! Our LORD has His precious hands all over her and He is going to keep her safe where ever she is, what amazing truth!
UPDATE: The baby will be in our home indefinatly at this point. Praise God for taking such perfect care of her. (7:00pm, 5/12)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I meant what I said on Sunday. Your faith and ability to be open to God's plans for you and your family regardless of what they are, are inspiring to me and help to bring into perspective that we all need to be happy with whatever the Lord provides, brings, does not bring, or takes away!
Love you!
Courtney