What a nice day together as a family. I drove to the very northwest valley to join other foster families at an event sponsed by Arizonians for Children to the Adobe Mountain Railroad Park. Being in a family with a train obessed child I knew this was going to be great fun. They support three different types of train/track layouts, each one unique. Outside are trains that are the size of shoe boxes and they run on batteries. You can walk in and around the layout as the trains go over bridges, through mountain sides and across the deserts. Inside they feature more of what I call miniture train layout that are like the size of match box cars. This room was huge and featured scenes native to AZ. (Like downtown phx loading docks, Flagstaff shipping yard, etc) Nathan was in HEAVEN!!!! We stayed in that room for a long time watching all kinds of trains run...it really was cool. They also feature the Arizona Steamers, which if you have ever been to the Stillman-McCormick Railroad Park, these are the smaller, rideable trains that took you on a 30 minute journey through "ghost towns" and desert scapes. I could go on this ride because the baby was too small, but everyone else thought it was fantastic. What a joy to see your son be enthralled with how these trains were working/running along the track. I can't wait until he begins to ask more inquisitive questions as opposed to focused observation. All in all is was great to finally get out of the house and doing something as a family. (PS the baby has really turned a corner in the last day or two and is doing great!!! thanks for all the prayers)
No comments:
Post a Comment