Maybe a little over shadowed but definitely NOT forgotten. On March 17th, 2007 God open the door of our hearts and home and brought to us a sweet little baby. He was small and had the saddest eyes I have ever seen and we snuggled that baby to death. Jacob and Samantha were "in love" almost instantly and it was great to see them give their hearts and time to help care for him. I remember so vividly the email that came to me on the 13th and just how my heart was broken of the story of these three little boys. I was ready to jump and serve in the way I know best...buying diapers, formula, making a meal, etc. Little did I know that our Perfect Savior had much bigger plans for our family. We never went into this adventure thinking that Nathan was going to ours forever, but through the events of the past 4 years that is exactly what He had always planned. And it is because of our openness to take him into our family that God moved in our lives and we jumped head first into foster care...and ultimately led to our adoption of Hannah. WOW, what an amazing few days in 2007 that changed our lives forever! We love this little boy more and more each day...and while we struggle with helping him deal with some challenges we are committed to him and making him a permanent part of our family hopefully by this summer. God will heal his heart and wounds or at least make us more capable to meet his needs as they come along.
Love you dude!!!
His "chessey, almost angry" smile cracks me up...loving being at the baseball game. He has talked non-stop about is for almost a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment