Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baked Goat Cheese with Tomato Basil Salsa

We enjoyed this appetizer at The Keg when we went for my birthday back in December. I loved it! I had a mom2mom's night out this past Friday and I knew I wanted to bring this. Thank you internet as there was a copycat recipe out there and it is just as good. I think it is oddly simple to make and the rewards are a very satisfied tummy!!

Recipe:

1 package of goat cheese. (I got mine from Costco)
I package of sliced almonds 
4 roma tomatoes
1 pkg of basil
half of a red onion
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
minced garlic
1 egg white

Steps:

Form goat cheese into ball with hands
Crush almonds and toast in pan until golden brown
Coat cheese ball in egg white then cover in toasted almonds
Bake at 325 for 15 minutes

Cut tomatoes in too small bits
Chop Basil
Chop red onion
Mix with olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic

I also sliced and toasted my own bread but I think you could use pita bread or melba toast if you want. So at your next party, try this and it is sure to be a hit!



No comments: