I do not pride myself in this post, but it is part of my life with five kiddos. I remember in a our itty bitty Gilbert house, the one with only two bathrooms, and I have to laugh at my current situation. When your only other bathroom in the house is the kid bathroom and guest bathroom, like our old house, it tends to be cleaned multiple times a day. I have a friend with only one bathroom for six people and it is always so clean and smells great. My downstairs bathroom is the same way. The kids use and abuse it, but since anyone who comes over uses it also I clean it nearly every day. (Gotta love Clorox wipes!!) But the sad truth to the kids upstairs bathroom is it is neglected 10x over. I finally went in there today and pulled out my bio-hazard hat and got down and dirty!! It is amazing to me how five little darlings can make such a huge mess. Seriously, while I was scrubbing God knows what off the floor and what seemed like a whole tube of toothpaste off the counter I thought about running an experiment. I wondered if I only let one kid per week use the bathroom and then clean it each week would I discover who the worst offender was??? Goodness...I hope so! The mirror was a pokadot mess and I wonder how in the world water spots can get so high? I also can't help but wonder if every single parent out there asks the same questions at one point or another? It does sort of make me chuckle.
One thing for sure is somewhere out there is my dream house and it may or may not have a bathroom per room and then I could teach each child to clean up their one dang mess!!! Ahhhhh, dreams are so lovely!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment