We all know what 'Valentine's Day' is because the media/tv tell us it is about jewelry, candy and flowers. I feel bad for most men as woman can really get the fantasy built up in their minds of what they want this holiday to be like and then may find themselves very disappointed. I have an amazing hubby...but I would not say he is the most die-hard romantic, and actually until recently this holiday we never did much. This year I spoiled my family with things for their stomach. I can make them feel just as loved by making fun, holiday themed food all day...and it didn't really cost my anything extra than my normal grocery budget.
First up...heart shaped french toast, eggs, bacon and strawberries!!
The kids had special plates...
Then a few decorated cookies for after school...(the picture is in a previous post)
I also made strawberry jello jigglers that I cut into heart shapes!! (Didn't take a pic, but used the idea from their preschool class the day before)
I made this treat for Shane and I during our movie.
And finally to my total surprise...these beauties when Shane came home!!
I have to say...it was a fun, fun day for me to spoil my family. I loved on them as much as I could, treasured memories for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment