Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bam...sometimes it hits you smack in the chest

I was walking around my house, cleaning this and that...probably picking up after the lil tornadoes. I tend to get deep in thought at times of un-abandoned cleaning. I had just cleaned out the fridge, something I should do way more often but get grossed out easily so I have to work up the nerve. I walked into the front room, and looked at the family picture on the wall...something I do a thousand times a day, but this was different. I was all of a sudden hit with a huge wave of emotion...I was smacked in the chest with love for my family. I stood there briefly paralyzed as I looked at my family's faces...MY family. I was overcome with peace and awe. Never did I envision this 'family' for myself. Never did I think I would have 5 kids, let alone three of them a completely different race. I cried happy tears. I am complete. I am a mom to amazing kids that make me crazy at times but would never ever have it any other way. I love following the One who has a perfect plan. I love this life...right here, right now.

I think this moment in my normal routine was perfectly, divinely planned. He knows what I am up against...SUMMER! School has ended and for the first time in a couple years we are not planning a huge summer vacation, meaning I will have nearly three months of being home with my crew. They love each other sometimes, tolerate each other most of the time and enrage each other here and there. Summer is great and it can also seems like the days are really long. I am thankful for God's little moment this morning...and I pray I can cling to it on the days that are not fun.

Here's to summer my friends...may it be filled with fun and memories.

No comments: