I created a Summer Fun Jar thanks to Pinterest. I was concerned about getting through the summer with no big vacation planned this year. I was concerned that the days would go super long, with fighting and attitude problems. I needed to give my five little ones a reason to focus each day, or at least as many days as our schedule allows. Pinterest had some great ideas...several had created this type of jar with as many as 50+ different things to do. There was one major problem...most of these people live in places that are not 110 degrees in the summer. they had things like a stroll through the neighborhood, a hike, and bike ride to a place for lunch. These are just not realistic in AZ. I created about 25, and some of them are repeated because we could do a water balloon fight every day if we wanted. So...if you are feeling stumped, give this a try!! And remember, some of these things you can participate with them, or they can do on their own...either way your kids will come away with some pretty fantastic summer memories!!
I will say we have had three choices picked already this week and it is working exactly how I hoped. They pick the night before, taking turns, and then we plan for it the next day. I have done the "event" in the evening and they are excited all day. Score one in the win column for this mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment