Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Soup


For those of you that follow my blog regularly, and if you have ever wondered if my husband makes fun of me taking pictures of my food the answer is YES!!

This turned out to be an amazing dish, and I know it because ALL, did I say all, of my kids ate it and enjoyed it!! (raise the roof)

It was really simple and tasted even better the next day...

Chicken Enchilada Soup (made in the crock pot)

1 pkg chicken breast tenders, chopped
1 can of tomato sauce (I used tomato paste because it is what I had on hand)
1 onion, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped (or one if it is large)
1 can black beans
1.5 cups of frozen corn
1 can of diced tomatoes (I used one that had green chilies and was fire roasted...yum)
1/3 pkg of chili seasoning
1/2 teaspoon of garlic pepper
4 cups of chicken broth
cilantro (as much or as little as you want...I LOVE it so I have a lot)

Combine all ingredients and cook 6-8 hrs depending on the heat of your crock pot (mine cooks hot...so 6 hrs was perfect)

Toppings
Avacado, sliced or cubed
cheese
sour cream
(crush some tortilla chips for a crunch as you eat)

Make a large batch and keep half in the freezer for a quick meal on a crazy night!

ENJOY!!

No comments: