Sunday, September 28, 2008

Off to Portland, OR

Shane and I are off to Portland this morning. The word excited does not even compare to how we feel. Our children have been such a belssing this week. Trying to raise kids in a Christian home, we are very open about sharing with them how important marriage is. We have talked with them several times over the last month about how Mommy and Daddy need to take time away together and how important it is for our relationship. Well, this week, that came full circle several times. Both Jacob and Samantha came to me 3 times over the past three days...both said "Mommy, I am so excited you get to have special time with Daddy. I hope you have so much fun!" The look in their eyes, the excitment they are sharing about up us leaving brings tears to my eyes. We are blessed beyond anything I ever imagined!

No comments: