Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Samantha's First Day of School

We sent our sweet girl off to her first day of school today. She has been looking forward to this days for 2 years...ever since her brother was in the same class. Samantha is in Pre-K at the same preschool/teacher that Jacob had two years ago. She was so excited today. As is our tradition, we always go out to breakfast before school starts. They read "Rainbow Fish" and I tell you what, her reading comprehension is better than mine. She could tell me just about every detail of the book and we have never read it. She is a smart cookie! Also, this year is especially fun because all her little friends from church...all the way since they were babies together in the nursery are all in her class.
Since this post is all about Samantha I have decided to include the latest "Samantha-ism"! (These are the hilarious things that come out of her mouth at the funniest times) Ok, so we were walking out of Kohl's yesterday afternoon, (I had all 5 kids) and walking to the car. And for those of you with more than one kid, it can be interesting trying to keep everyone together AND look for cars. So this car turns right in front of us, a bit too close for my comfort, and his window was down and I just said "DUDE!" and Samantha, without missing a beat says "Hey, we're walkin here!" Oh I almost peed my pants from laughter! God has given her a unique wit that I just adore!


Bittersweet moment...so I was driving Samantha down University on my way to the school and was over come with emotion. I just started bawling! I had memories of Jacob flooding back into my mind, and how excited I was that three mornings a week Samantha and I were going to have one-on-one time, which we never had before Jacob went to school. We had fun times shopping, going to Walmart, and hanging out at home. I just can't believe how fast the time really does fly. While I am so proud of her, I am just thankful and blessed by the unique person she is! My baby is in school...a treasured moment!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh, Kristen! I can't believe how grown up she is!