Monday, September 22, 2008

Throw Mondays back...


We have all had those days...even those "Mondays" where we just want to crawl back in the bed, wrap the covers tightly around our head and wake up on Tues. Well, today was just one of those days for me. I am exhausted just sitting here evaluating my morning. From the mysterious disappearing pull up, to the follow up doctor appointment, to finding myself getting a nasty cold and the "supposed to be simple and get out the door" for school, my morning just had too much in it. I found my self grumpy and easily irritated just at the business turned stress of the morning. Feeling a bit guilty now, I realized I jumped on kids for small issues and generally found myself complaining about the time simple tasks seem to take. However, God in is perfect and precious way always seems to put me back in my place. I was listening to Klove, (like I do every time I am in the car, oh what would I do without Klove!) and someone mentioned this verse, Proverbs 15:1....oh to be my prayer today and everyday! "A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger". See I found my self getting angry over simple things, taking some of that anger out on the kids, even if they did deserve a little correction from me. I realized, or shall I say I was convicted that my mornings would not be half as bad if I did not contribute to 50% of the attitude problem. So tomorrow I choose to have a better attitude, to stay calm in the force of the busy morning and take a deep, cleaning breath when I need to. If I can change my side of the morning...the kids will be happier too!


PS I took this picture as the sun beamed through my front window early this morning...welcoming fall!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I hear you my friend. Mornings can be rough! Good perspective... Thanks for sharing.