On Sat we decided to all ride our bikes to Peter Piper Pizza. The weather has been amazing and we all wanted to get a bit of exercise. Where we live we have great neighborhoods filled with hills, and with a head wind in our face, it added to the difficulty. The kids did great! We finished one hill and Samantha was feeling discouraged and we just continued to encourage her. We came to another hill and she said to me, "Mom, that is a big hill but I know I can do it.", and all the way up the hill she said out loud "I think I can, I think I can" until she made it to the top. Once we reached the top she smiled so sweetly and said "I thought I could and I did, just like the train in the book." I love her growing maturity!
Also, while on the trip Jacob gave me a very proud moment. We were riding along the road Preston on our way towards Power Road and Saturdays are "recycle" pick up day, and it was so windy that near one can the wind had blown out a bunch of cardboard. He stopped and said, "I want to pick this up and keep our earth clean." Um, can you say a tear rolling down my cheek? I stopped too and helped. The whole rest of the way, he would speed up ahead of us, find trash and pick it up.
These are the kinds of memories I will cherish always!
No comments:
Post a Comment