Monday, June 8, 2009

Vegetarian Quiche

I do get so tired of making the same old meals weeks after week. I also have picky eaters so really I can only try new entrees every once in a while. Tonight I made this amazing vegetarian quiche which I found in a vegetarian magazine. Can you say yummy, not to mention pretty to look at! It is very simple...for those who are not huge fans of veggies (me included) it is flavored really good.

Pilsbury Ready to Bake crust
10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
10 or more cherry or gape tomatoes, halved
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup low fat milk
pinch of nutmeg
Mix eggs, milk and nutmeg in a small bowl. Layer cheese, spinach, onion in pie crust. Pour egg mixture over spinach and place tomatoes through out. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min.
Refreshing Dessert
This is an east way to get a refreshing summer treat! Mix 2 small boxes of raspberry jello, only doing the boiling water part of the recipe to dissolve the jello. Using a mixer, blend two tubs of whipped cream cheese and only large tub of cool whip together. Refrigerate and add fresh raspberries on top. Oh so delicious!!!



No comments: