My image of our God is changing slightly, I think He must be a practical joker...seriously! "Why" do you say, well let me tell you! As part of the certification for becoming a foster parent there has to be fire alarms in every room. Most new homes this is standard, but our home is just a bit older so we added them to each room. Last night, it happened again!!! The dang thing started beeping, you know when the batteries are just about gone, it beeps to let you know "hey, homeowner, you need to change the battery". Again, many of the new homes have their units wired right into the electricity so some of you may never experience this wonderful beeping. Anyway, it only beeps in the middle of the night! I swear, only the middle of the night, regardless of when you change the battery, it decides to make itself known in the 12:00am hour. Now, if it happened only once, fine, I can handle that, but NOOOOO it has happened every single time this same way. So, me, chipper and fabulous when I am woken up by this crazy beeping, begs my hubby to take care of it. He slowly begins to move, or shall I say stumble in the dark to check which wonderful fire alarm needs attention. After disconnecting the unit he comes back to bed. I was still in that great mood and sat up and said "Darn thing, I am going to have to blog about this in the morning." We both broke out into laughter at that point. Don't we just love to be able to vent ridiculous frustrations on this fabulous thing called the world wide web? So, to wrap up, since all these things were installed at the same time I am expecting it to happen again very soon, or maybe I should just have that hubby of mine change all the batteries and avoid the disruption to my beauty sleep!
2 comments:
Sure you said "darn"! LOL! Hehehee....love you!
okay, no joke - this ALWAYS happens to us too!!!!!! In the middle of the night everytime!!! We just had it happen yet again a few weeks ago. Why???!!! (I'm so glad you blogged about ths =) )
Post a Comment