Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pray for Asjiah

Asjiah had to go to the emergency room last night, we got home a few hours ago. She was hurt as I was on my way to pick her up at daycare. Her right thumb was slammed in a door and she has what they call a partial amputation. The tip of her finger from the nail bed out was basically severed. They were able to stitch it up in the ER but we will have to go to a hand surgeon either today or tomorrow. There are no garrentees that she will keep the tip of her finger, it is all dependant on blood flow. She is bandaged up and actually her thumb looks pretty normal so it is just a matter of time and healing at this point. My biggest prayer request is just for her and her fear. I cannot imagine how scary something like that is to go through without her Mom. She has such a tender heart and I know God is using this to bring her and I closer...I can see that already. She had to rely and trust me and I know this will be good in the long run. So, just keep her in your prayers as she heals...I would love for her to be healed completly and back to normal, but if not God is good and He knows the why and how for the future. Thanks friends!

PS Pray I can get a nap today! Shane is going to try to come home at lunch.

1 comment:

Melissa Stephenson said...

Thanks for letting us know! Poor thing - hang in there you guys! =)