Thank you LORD for the ability to love this boy with a wholeness I never imagined was possible. Thanks for the gift of Nathan and everything his is now and will become. He is your baby, and you trusted me enough to love him with my whole heart, my cup runeth over!
Friday, August 15, 2008
What every Mom waits for...
So today is a very special day in the life of Nathan and I. Those of you that know him know that he is in this phase where he is constantly saying "Mama, what's that?" and pointing. (He of course does not say it that clearly) So today, we were driving back from taking the girls to preschool and he pointed in the air and said "elicoper". I turned around, smiled and said "yes, good word" and only as he can, he smiled back at me and said "Mama, I love you!" It was so clearly understood, sounded just like it is supposed to. Tears in my eyes even now...I said "I love you too baby!" This is a day I didn't know I was waiting for until it happened. He is as much my baby as Jacob and Samantha, and that fact that he was "born" in my heart is so special and overwhelming at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awwww!!! That was such a cool story, Kristen. It is obvious that you have impacted his life and touched his heart!
totally cried and so did Adam when he was wondering what I was reading! Soooo sweet! Miss you, Suzy
Post a Comment