Thursday, July 30, 2009

How can there be a budget crisis?

I am annoyed and above all just plain old disturbed by a few things recently. I received a photo "red light" citation a few weeks back. I was driving, sipping my coffee, (which is clearly seen in the photo) and barely, and I mean barely ran a red light. (A little background...I can easily get lost in my own mind or a Klove song, which makes for either not paying attention to the speed or missing my turn, etc) Driving the big bertha I also have felt at times that stopping is harder than I thought. So, while lost in my coffee I ran a red light by an inch or so. I did the responsible thing and paid the outrageous fine and thought all was done. Well today I get a citation from ADOT after my check clears to the city, and not only do I pay the over priced ticket, but I also have to pay to go to traffic school, a requirement for ALL red light citations. So in summary, the city of Mesa gets over $200 bucks from me and now the county or state, not sure which one, get another $150 so I can go and sit in a classroom all day. TERRIFIC NEWS!!!!! Can you sense the sarcasm? Not too sure why we have a budget crisis in this city or state when they feel it necessary to charge me twice for one violation. Ok, I am done venting now! Moving on...

No comments: