Friday, July 17, 2009
Light Bulb Moment
Don't we all love those moments of "ah-ha" when God shows a moment of Himself through someone or something or bad attitude and conviction? I do not have as many of those moments as I would like, but I am recognizing them a lot sooner and acting immediately. A couple of weeks ago I was taking baby Leeah to have a visit with her Mom and Dad and as I was dropping her off I began to feel jealous. I was realizing that I was more attached to her than I had thought and I wanted to grab her and keep her to myself. As I was driving in the car I was coming up with more and more reasons to judge her Mom and Dad and convince myself that they were not the best parents for her, we were. I could feel the bitterness and resentment building and it was reflecting in my attitude towards her parents. I wouldn't make eye contact and if I didn't have to talk to them I wouldn't. So after a few days I began to feel sick in my heart. The fear and anxiety over having these kids was taking a toll. During some well, we will call it "whine praying" (where I whine to God about MY problems), I was convicted about my attitude. It was in that moment that I began to pray for them and their success. I began to praise God for His work in her Mom and that she has been clean now for almost 6mths. It is amazing how quickly my attitude turned around and that was when all the fear and anxiety didn't seem so bad either. So the light bulb moment happened today as I was picking the girls up from a visit, loading them in the car and seeing that their Mom was about to walk 1 mile in this heat to the bus stop. I turned around and asked her if she would like me to give her a ride to the bus stop. She accepted. Now, it was not without it's awkwardness, especially as Ayana called her by her first name, not Mommy, but God filled my heart with peace and compassion and I praised Him all the way home for working on my heart. Have I said recently that we have a really cool God? Walking His path brings so much peace...awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment