Friday, July 31, 2009
She's listening...
On Fridays the baby has a visit with her Dad all by herself from 8-10 and then both girls, along with their other siblings have a visit with Mom from 11-1, so it tends to be an interesting morning. As I was getting Leeah ready this morning Samantha was asking where she was going. I said, "She has a visit with her Dad today." Samantha asked why Ayana wasn't going with her to see her Dad and I said, "Well, Leeah and Ayana have different Daddys." She gasped as she tried to figure out what that meant, and then said "Their Mom is married to two people?" Ok, now I am starting to freak out a bit and several things are running through my mind...what to say now, the truth I guess. I said, "No, their mommy is not married at all." The horror on her face as she said with a very strong tone, "Then she should not be having babies!" I then took the opportunity to re-enforce God's plan of marriage and then babies. She is sweet and yet innocent, but Samantha does have the concept down about God's plan for our lives. I am realizing that we are getting to an age with both Jacob and Samantha where some of these grown up questions are going to come up and we better be prepared with Kingdom answers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment